Thursday, June 10, 2010

Work work work

This is exhausting. Every night it's something. This week it was grocery shopping/cutting the lawn and then painting the white stripe in the nursery. Then it was breastfeeding class and registering at Babies 'r us. Last night it took two hours to find a rug for the nursery and we picked out the moulding but it was pouring out so we couldn't buy it and bring it home (well, not without getting ourselves and the entire inside of the car soaked).

I'm very used to sitting on the couch all night so this is getting tiring.

Tonight we need to go back and buy the trim. Then he can start working on that while I do the last (hopefully) touch up on the paint. I also need to clean the radiator since Tonic decided to pee on it.

At least I'm getting used to things taking longer than they should and not going according to plan. Seems like good practice for having a kid.

While I was away this weekend JR managed to clean the nursery floor. It looks better but it will need to be refinished eventually. We bought a rug for it since I don't want cold tootsies next winter.
He also painted the trim around the closet to match the window sill.
I went with my mom to find frames for the dragon prints (we found them super cheap!). I went with black and the one we've framed so far looks really good. We're going to get the "child safe" picture hangers. I realize that there's really no such thing as child safe though. Just ask my mom about the pretty glass box she had hanging on the wall in our living room.
JR also replaced a bunch of the magnets on the cabinet doors in the kitchen. They're very good. Almost too good. I have to tug really hard to get some of them open. We may not need the child safe cabinet locks we registered for after all.

Since I'm so far behind on getting pictures off the camera I may just wait until the nursery is all done to post the pictures. It might be more impressive that way. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment