Thursday, June 10, 2010

Week 28

Well this past week I gained a bunch of weight and now I seem to have lost it again. I'm going to blame Memorial Day, Ryan's party, and celebrating father's day. But that puts my total weight gain to about 16 pounds as of this morning.

I asked the doctor about my weight gain, since in the beginning they said I should only gain 15-20 pounds. He said that it's fine. And I should gain 1-2 pounds a week for the rest of the time. 84 days or 12 weeks for those of you keeping track.

I saw Dr. Hurt this time. He seemed very laid back. He wasn't stabby with the heart monitor. He was excited that she's been trying to beat me up from the inside. Next time I see Dr. Stern. I'm going to guess he's not so stern since Dr. Hurt didn't hurt me at all. :-) We'll see.

So those stretch marks are definitely extending themselves. They're maybe an 1/8 of an inch longer than they were but they're pink. So far not anywhere near as nasty as some of the stretch marks I've seen pictures of. The left side seems to have joined in on the fun too.

Last night I noticed a patch of shiny skin high on my stomach just underneath my bra. I'm not sure what it is. I moisturized, we'll see what happens.

I still have that cold. It's not quite as wimpy as I thought in the beginning. But I've made it to work every day this week. Dr. Hurt said I could take Sudafed and that helps a little.

This week
Baby weighs 2.25 pounds and is 14.8 inches long. She can open and close her eyes and now she has eye lashes. She may be able to see light that filters in, so we should try the flashlight trick soon to see if we get a response. She's mostly working on gaining fat now, which is good 'cause we want a chubby healthy baby.
They think we should pick a doctor this week. I've done some research and narrowed the choices down a bit. I guess I should start calling and see if they're accepting new patients and what I need to do before she comes.

I guess I'm 7 months pregnant now. Woo-hoo! That seems like a big milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment