Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week 29

Week 29 was mostly uneventful.

Had that Braxton Hicks but that's the only one I've felt. I assume there are others but I'm not feeling them?
The last couple days I've felt kind of bad right after work. I don't know if it's something I'm eating or what. So that's weird.

We still haven't gotten the prints up in the nursery. Once that's done we can put the mattress in the crib and call it done for now. I still have other little projects like the curtains and the rocking chair but she could live in her nursery and be more than comfortable at this point.

I got the invitation to the Buffalo shower, it's adorable. I'll have to post a picture of it later. Along with the bassinet pictures and a week 29 bump. The bump pictures are starting to get a little scary. I don't realize that I'm as big as I am I guess. And when I see the picture it freaks me out. We had some good ones we took earlier this week but some crazy pregnant lady managed to delete them off the memory card without saving them anywhere.

Jen started a pool on facebook for people to guess her birth date, weight, length, etc. It's fun. I guessed JR's birthday, and 8 lbs 2 oz like the crazy lady said!

Mommy
Gained a total of about 18 pounds so far. It seems mostly in the bump but is spread everywhere else too, face, hands, arms, legs, probably butt except there's no way to really measure that with the super comfy maternity pants. I guess JR could tell me, but I think he values his life.
The stretch marks are still stretching. Before it was two on the right hip, then it was two more on the left, now there's another joining in the fun on the right. I guess it makes sense. The skin would be weaker and more prone to stretching there since it has already stretched in the past? Whatever, I'll take it.
Belly button is still an innie. Only time will tell!

Baby
2.5 pounds (the weight of a butternut squash) and a bit over 15 inches. That's the length of my arm from the elbow to the first knuckle of my pinky finger Just about 5 inches to go! Lungs and muscles are developing, I'd say muscles definitely. She seems pretty strong in there. And her head is getting bigger to hold all those brains she's growing. So she needs lots of nutrients - protein, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron while she's growing. And lots of calcium. Makes me feel good that I had a glass of milk with my twinkie last night :-)

2 comments:

  1. Although I am sure she'll be cute enough to eat, I don't think she'll be quite as tasty as a butternut squash.

    ReplyDelete