Thursday, June 24, 2010

30 Weeks

10 more weeks to go! Which is good 'cause the third trimester is already starting to wear me down.

Had some more braxton hicks. There was that first one which was kind of high across my belly, then there was one that was low across the underside, and a third kind that actually felt like menstrual cramps. I've had a bunch more like the second version. It took me a while to realize that's what it was though. I kept wondering why she was grinding her entire body down into my pelvis. Then I felt my stomach and it was all hard. And since she can't be everywhere on my stomach at once making it hard, I finally figured it out. So I had, maybe, two today and one or two yesterday. At least now I can explain to people why I'm making those horrible faces.

She's been very active the last couple days. I don't know if she's trying to find a new comfy position or if she just likes beating me up from the inside.

The Happy Baby Company is having a contest on facebook. Upload a picture of your baby wearing a cloth diaper, I think the winner gets a diaper. I don't remember. Anyway I uploaded this picture:

There's lot's of adorable babies in cloth diapers so I don't think I'll win but I thought it was funny.

Mommy's stats
I seem to be at about 20 pounds total so far. They aren't kidding about that one to two pounds a week thing. Seeing the numbers on the scale is kind of horrible. I especially don't like when the 10s place goes up a digit. That's going to happen again next week probably.
Stretch marks are even worse. Still not awful but worse. I bought Mama Bee belly balm by burts bees. I doubt it will help but it's nice to give myself a belly massage.

Kaida's Stats
Almost three pounds and about 15.7 inches long. Her eyesight is getting better, but it's still pretty awful and will be for a while after she's born. I guess she's mostly cooked now, just waiting to get bigger 'cause they didn't list much in the development part of the e-mail.

Now that the nursery is done it's just a waiting game!

No comments:

Post a Comment