Thursday, May 27, 2010

Week 26

Let's see... in week 26 JR definitely felt her move. I asked him what it feels like and he said it's just like I moved my stomach.
Last night she was rolling all over the place so I told him to feel and she stopped as soon as he put his hand on her. Then when he gave up and took his hand away she kicked one last time. It was pretty hilarious.
I was a lot less tired this week, my upper back pain is gone, and my stomach doesn't feel like it's stretching all the time. So I'm going to guess we were having a growth spurt for a while there. I'm glad she doesn't grow like that all the time.

My belly button is still an innie. No stretch marks. And I think I've gained about 14 pounds. But that depends on what time of day I weigh myself.
I've been taking my engagement ring off when it gets hot and today I didn't wear it at all since it was already hot when we woke up. The wedding band still fits fine since it doesn't have the extra sizing nubs, it's a plain 4 and 1/2.
Last night my ankles looked a little puffy. JR couldn't tell (he thought my knees looked puffy, I told him that's just fat) and they seem better today. I'm going to try to sit with my feet up on the battery backup while I'm at work

This weekend JR's parents are coming in. Mom and I are going to paint the nursery and the boys are going to do some boy stuff around the house. Randy will be the first guest to stay in the new fourth bedroom!

So on to Spud's stats.
14 inches, 1 and 2/3 pounds. Or 1 pound 10.5 ounces. She's getting fatter and gaining a lot more ounces per inch now than in the beginning. She's practice breathing by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (this reminds me of abyss where they have to breathe the liquid oxygen when they go out to walk on the ocean floor)and that's helping to develop her lungs. Her hearing is better developed now so she can hear our conversations, not just loud noises.

The calendar the doctor gave me said that today I started the third trimester. The countdown on the blog says 98 days to go. I'm starting to fall behind on knitting the baby blanket (we've been busy). If I keep going at 2 rows a day from here on out I'll be done a little less than a month ahead of her due date. I used to have more than a month of wiggle room.

I'm sure we'll be ready for her when she comes, like I say, all she needs is a dress, some diapers, a blanket, and a drawer to sleep in. She's already got way more than that so I don't think there will be a problem.
We seem to have a lot of big plans for the rest of the house too. I'm not sure we'll get to all of those though.

14 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment