Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nursery Progress?

So I guess we've made the first steps toward getting the nursery ready.

We're still going with Dragons as the theme (just in the nursery, we're not going to dress her as a dragon, except maybe at halloween). We like this series of prints so we're going to choose a few from there to hang on the wall rather than trying to paint dragons.
Getting that hammered out really helped. Now we can start implementing our plan of attack.

This weekend we painted the 4th bedroom. It's a bedroom now and not an exercise room anymore. That was the first step in getting the nursery ready.
The color we painted the 4th bedroom is called Parakeet Pete (#402-4) and I really like it. We were going to do the office Parakeet Pete and the exercise room light purple. But now that the nursery will be purple we thought the 4th bedroom should be some other color. Luckily we had all that paint we bought a while ago to choose from!

We moved the bed and dresser from the nursery into the fourth bedroom. So now the nursery is empty except for a box of Spud's stuff. She already has so much stuff I had to pack it up in a box and store it in the closet.

I guess next we need to repair the water damage on the wall. Then we can start painting. I have some furniture I'm planning to refinish that will go in the nursery, so that can be done pretty much at any time.

So, it's definitely progress but there's still a lot to be done.

2 comments:

  1. "Getting that hammered out really helped."

    I read the aforementioned sentence as

    Getting Hammered really helped.

    I was really confused but I'm better now...and I don't even have a zombaby eating my brains

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrified of how stupid I would be if I were to get hammered now. It's almost like I'm drunk all the time anyway.
    I forget things. JR will say something and I'll have to ask him to repeat it. And, much like my 21st birthday where he had to help me out of the tub when I fell in, he sometimes has to help me up.

    ReplyDelete