Thursday, May 13, 2010

Week 24

Last night when I went to bed Spud was moving around and her movements felt very big. I imagine that when I feel big movements at one end that's her feet and the little movements at the other end are her hands. It could actually be her head is the big end and her feet are the little end. Or one end is butt and the other is head but I don't know for sure.

Anyway last night I was laying on my left side and it felt like she was walking up the inside of my uterus. She started with the big movements right on top of my left hip and the small movements up on my right side. Then they started to rotate. The left hand movements moved further up my side and the right hand movments moved lower down toward my hip. It was funny to imagine her taking a stroll in there.

I think I've grown a lot this week. My abs hurt and feel stretched out. I'm really tired. And I keep being shocked every time I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. The other day I said "whoa" after catching one of those glimpses. JR said "Did you forget you were pregnant?" It's almost like that. More like, I didn't realize I was that big.
I've noticed some pink marks on my stomach but I'm not sure if they're just pajama lines or the beginning of stretch marks. I guess that's a wait and see sort of thing.

Going to church was my Mother's Day gift. I got a rose at church too! Dr. Ruby had all the moms stand up and he gave a rose to the woman who was a mother the longest. Then to the woman who was the newest mother. And then to another woman who is expecting and me. It's a very pretty rose too.
After church we went out to breakfast. We've been craving breakfast out for a couple weekends now and since we were actually dressed before noon we figured we should take advantage.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. And I'm supposed to do my glucose test while I'm there. Then I have a hair cut at a new place. My goal is a pony tail since I hear showering and hair styling tend to have a lower priority after a new baby. Hopefully she can make it look not awful until I reach my goal.

Week 24
So the e-mail says she gained 4 ounces this week (which could explain the ouchy abs) but they're still saying she's just over a pound. I guess from here on out it's not going to be too specific. Every baby is different. They also say she's almost a foot long. So, like a heavy foot long hot dog! They compare her to an ear of corn. Sounds like there's a cookout going on in there!
Taste buds and lungs are still developing and her skin is still translucent.
The top of my uterus is now above my belly button and it's the size of a soccer ball. I definitely believe that, but maybe a size 3 soccer ball.
The e-mail thinks we should tackle home improvement projects this week and start by making a list. We're already ahead of the game on this one. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment