Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kaida's Getting Big!

Kaida is getting to be a very big girl!

She hardly eats any baby food anymore. Just what's mixed in with her cereal in the morning and then if I'm too lazy to make her something when she can't/won't eat what we're eating.
The bad news is that diaper rashes are a little more frequent as she tries all these new foods. Pizza Fondue was a huge winner, unfortunately her tush does not agree.

She started to actually pet the cat. She still hits and grabs and tries to eat his tail but she'll do the petting motion too.

She can do the sign for Milk. The first time she did it I asked her if she wanted to nurse but I was carrying her so I couldn't make the sign like I normally do. So she did it for me. A day or two later she made the sign again, I think she was asking to nurse but it had only been an hour so I told her she had to wait. She also does it when we watch the baby einstein signing video and they talk about milk.

She no longer nurses in the afternoon. She has her snack - cheerios or applejacks, sometimes pretzels and then some juice and she's very happy to eat that and make a huge mess.
We transitioned from nursing first thing when she wakes up, to breakfast first thing, and now she'll play or watch some tv and then eat her breakfast and nurse sometime after that. It went very well and hopefully the rest goes smoothly.

She kind of stands. We have to trick her because she usually wants to sit as soon as we let go of her but today she seemed to forget several times. I set her down next to her car seat and turned to get the straps set. After a couple seconds I realized that she was just standing there. I think she realized it at just the same time so she reached out to put a hand on me. She did it again in the bathtub tonight too. It's pretty funny 'cause you can see when she realizes.

And we're getting her big girl room ready. It's all primed. Two coats of high hiding primer to cover up the Parakeet Pete we painted it 14 months ago (that was dumb). And we found a crib and mattress on craigslist for less than what the mattress costs new. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment