Thursday, July 7, 2011

!!!

May 16th, 2011

Took a pregnany test this morning. It was positive!

I'm a little surprised. Not surprised by the results of the test since I had my suspicions, but surprised that it happened so fast this time.

When Kaida was born we decided we would start trying when she was 6 months old. I was hoping to have them be 2 years apart and since it took 10 months of trying to conceive Kaida I figured we'd be pretty safe starting whens she was 6 months. But it only took 3 months this time.

Best laid plans... :-)

Some of my hints were:
A couple weeks ago I saw a dead racoon on the side of the road and got a little misty.
Last week while Kaida was nursing I noticed that my nipples felt a little sore.
This past weekend I was hungry like a hungry hungry hippo.
And then I started to feel tired.
And since my periods came back they've been 28 or 29 days apart. So around day 31 I was pretty well convinced.

I already told Kaida (she promised to keep it a secret) but I haven't told JR yet. He said I could surprise him or not so I decided I will.
Kaida and I are going to go to Babies R Us later to get her an "I'm the Big Sister!" t-shirt. Then she'll wear it when we go to pick him up and see how long it takes him to notice!

Pretty excited!

The internet tells me that this baby's due date is January 19th, 2011.

*Update*
The smallest big sister shirt we could find was a 2T. So it looked a little ridiculous on her.
JR didn't take off her jacket and shoes right away like he normally does so I followed them upstairs so I could see his reaction. Then I had to prompt him. "Oh, you still have your jacket on baby." He eventually took off her jacket and noticed that the shirt had ruffles (it's sleeveless with ruffles at the arm holes). She was wearing a onesie underneath so it looked pretty awful. But he didn't read the shirt right away.
Eventually I held her up so he could read it. He said "Big sister? Are you pregnant?" Like that was the only reason she would be wearing this shirt but it didn't make any sense at all.
It was kind of funny. He's as surprised as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment