Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bean - 15 weeks

15 weeks today.

The e-mail says that Bean is 4 inches and 2.5 ounces. They think I've gained 5 pounds by now. I look like I've gained 10. I've actually gained negative 4 (depending on the time of day I weigh myself). I can eat now and I haven't puked in about a week but my appetite is not huge. And I'm still kind of avoiding meat. If it's mixed in with something or in a sandwich it's usually ok but no burgers or anything like that. maybe it's a texture thing? I'm not sure.

We went to meet the midwives this week. We're thinking of switching from the obstetricians.
They deliver at Magee so it's pretty much the same except that they are interested in and know how to help you have a natural birth. Obstetricians are trained as surgeons and I don't think we should go to a surgeon unless there's a reason for it.
I feel like with the doctors I have to talk to each one and ask them are you ok with me giving birth naturally? Are you ok with me delivering kneeling, sitting, squatting, or standing? Like I have to convince them that this is ok and that's ridiculous. The midwives see it and do it all the time. And they're not afraid of it.
We took a tour and the one midwife was talking about interns coming in to your room. Since it's a teaching hospital that happens (and whoa boy did it happen when Kaida was born). She said sometimes they want to come watch because they've never seen someone give birth without an epidural or not laying on their back.

The Midwives at Magee were our choice (of the midwife options) because they're at the hospital so if there is a problem there's no transportation mid-labor. We know Magee so we know what to expect before during and after. The food at Magee is pretty good (or at least it was to me after they tried to starve me during labor).
We learned that they will let you have an epidural too. I guess since they're in the hospital and have access to anesthesiologists that makes sense. I think I would rather have not known that though...

So, 25 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment