Thursday, August 5, 2010

Week 37

I'm just confusing myself by trying to keep the weeks for the old due date so I'm skipping week 36.

The rocking chair is done and moved into the nursery. The chair pads are done and tied on. They're adorable. I made the dragon picture and background removable with velcro so I don't have to worry about it fading or fraying in the wash.


Doesn't it look lovely in the garage?

We did a load of baby laundry. Mostly bedding and towels. I had a sample of babyganics laundry detergent so we used that. I'll have to get some dreft or something to do the million other loads. I wanted to get the bedding done because we found someone in the crib right after we brought the rocking chair upstairs. The chair makes for easy access to the crib now. I figured it was safer to have the mattress pad and some waterproof pads in there in case sir-pees-a-lot (aka Tonic) decides he wants to mark it for his own. And I wanted to put the crib skirt on to see how it looked with curtains up and the rocking chair in there (it looks super cute).

So the nursery is coming together. We still need to figure out some storage options but we're going to wait until the shower this weekend to really decide.

We've been looking online at ebay and craigslist for diapers. I've decided that our stock should be 10 small, 10 medium, and 10-15 one size diapers with a few of the one size having velcro closures. I'm sure we'll find something it's just a matter of price. I can even buy them new on ebay cheaper than at the store, so that's something.

I started the flowers for the cupcakes for the shower. Hopefully they turn out cute!

My Stats
40 pounds. That's 5 pounds this week. I think I was having a fat morning though since that's two pounds more than I weighed yesterday at the doctor. I'm also about to cross another threshold that I'd rather not even think about. I may just stop weighing myself to solve that problem.
I've been kind of falling asleep at lunch time or if I sit still too long without something to occupy my mind. My sleep has actually gotten a little better though, or I'm forgetting what "good" sleep actually is.
My feet are usually gigantic by lunch time and stay that way until the next morning. It's pretty uncomfortable with all that stretchy skin. And they're super sweaty. I don't normally sweat, like at all, so I don't know how to deal with this.
1 cm, 50% effaced.

Kaidy-bug's Stats
week 36 - almost 6 pounds 18 and 1/2 inches. In the process of losing the downy covering of hair and the vernix caseosa, the goo that has been covering her skin for 9 months.
Week 37 - She is head down according to Dr. Bishop and she is now full term. Her lungs are mature enough to adjust to life outside. 6 and 1/3 pounds and a bit over 19 inches (Dr. Bishop guessed about 6 pounds yesterday).
So far she hasn't given me any of the signs that her arrival is imminent. She's just floating around in there happy as a clam.

No comments:

Post a Comment