Monday, August 23, 2010

39 Weeks aka Kaida's Birthday

I'm trying to remember week 39 but it's not going so well for obvious reasons
:-)

We went to the second pediatrician's appointment. The office is much smaller and they kept us waiting for 45 minutes. So not the best first impression. We never got to go to the third pediatrician so we decided to go with the first one we saw. They come highly recommended by our hygienist.

We installed the car seat over the weekend so that was all set. JR built the rocker and swing for her. We packed the bags with all the stuff we neeeded for the hospital, well kind of. We put stuff in laundry baskets so that it was ready and then JR just threw it all into bags.

I made a trip with Brandy to Babies r Us to return some doubles and things like that. I made a bunch of casseroles to freeze, thankfully. They are coming in quite handy. And I finally finished all the thank you notes and got them put into the mail. It was literally the last thing I did before I left our house to go to the Doctor.

Then I had my doctor's appointment and all hell broke loose. But that's for another post.

My stats
Total weight gained, 45 pounds. I didn't feel bad at all so that's why the preeclampsia was such a surprise. I guess one of the signs is gaining more than 1-2 pounds per week at the end. Not that the doctors told me that.

What Kaida might have been
20 inches and a bit over 7 pounds.

What she actually was
20 inches and 6 pounds 2 ounces!

No comments:

Post a Comment