Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Showered Again

This past weekend we had the shower in Pittsburgh. It was adorable. We had it at AntiquiTea in West View which is a tea room. I said I wanted a tea party and this was perfect. I'd say it's the best tea party I've ever been to. Not that I have all that much experience at tea partying. I might need to take it up though.

The food was really good. The sandwiches were Cheese and walnut spread on wheat, chicken salad croissants, and I think a tiny zucchini muffin with chive cream cheese spread and a radish slice. Then there were scones and sweet bread. And a third tier with oreo truffles, a tiny pie shell with some sort of creamy goodness in it topped with blueberries, and raspberry flavored cookies. I made the cupcakes and they came out very cute.



We played present bingo where everyone fills out the bingo card with what they think I'm going to open. We measured my belly and everyone took a guess by cutting some ribbon to what they thought my measurement would be. And then they had to guess how many candies were in a jar.

It was fun. JR came at the end to help me open the present from his mom. A lot of the stuff she gave us is stuff that she used for him when he was a baby.



And I really love the purple blanket she knitted. It looks awesome in the nursery.

I would say my favorite was all the clothes Jen and Jamie hung on the clothesline. It was super cute. This baby definitely doesn't need clothes for a long time.

It was great to be able to see everyone. Aunt Joyce came in with Michelle and Kristine, and Aunt Judy and Tommy were able to come too. So it was a very nice weekend overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment