Friday, April 9, 2010

Week 19

Well, week 19 is over.

Things have calmed down a bit in the giant strides department. No spectacularly exciting baby news this week.

We had the April fool's joke which went well. And then we had Easter in Buffalo. It's a good thing the news is out because I definitely couldn't hide Spud in the Easter dress I wore. Tara seems excited, so that's adorable. And Ryan kissed my belly Saturday night. But then he went and kissed everyone else's leg so I'm not 100% sure that he was kissing Spud. We had Nino's when we were in Buffalo. It was fantastic but I really wanted the blue cheese dressing.

I've been feeling Spud move a little bit every day. Usually just one or two kicks at a time though, maybe once or twice a day. Nothing that I can measure or anticipate yet. What was really funny though was when Ryan started yelling and shaking a plastic easter egg full of candy and she jumped. I think he scared her. She'll just have to learn that that's what little boys are like.

We asked for suggestions for names for her.
Help us name baby Spud.
We got a lot of good ones but I'm really picky. It has to be pretty but can't be too popular. I thought about Scottish names, there are very few that fall into the pretty category though. And the Irish names are very popular or spelled so weird that no one would be able to pronounce them.
So for now we're still working on it. I'd like to name her sooner rather than later though. It seems weird to have someone whose name you don't know living in your uterus.

We decided that the nursery will be baby dragons. We'll have to do it all ourselves since there isn't a baby dragon nursery set out there but that's ok. I'm thinking purple walls, gold/beige curtains and crib sheets, and bright colored dragons flying around.

I tried the prenatal pilates video again. It didn't go so well the first time. I definitely over did it. But this time went really well. I did a couple of different workouts than I did the first time. I think I'll work my way back up to Standing Pilates and then take it slow once I'm there. I think it's the deep breathing that makes you feel so great. Just like yoga.

I finished the first set of pattern rows on her blanket. I only had to undo a half row of stitches so far. I'm pretty impressed. Hopefully I can keep up the pace and get it finished before her arrival.

This week Spud is 6 inches long head to bottom, weighs 8.5 ounces, and she's starting to get hair on her head (hopefully). She's about the size of an heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportion to everything else now and her kidneys are working.
The e-mail says don't have your baby's first name end with the same sound as your last name. So they don't think that Maggie Hagy would be a good idea. I think they should not tell me how to name my baby.

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear things are going well! Next time you want the blue cheese dressing eat it! Soft cheeses are OK if they're pasteurized..which most cheese in america is...sometimes imported cheeses are unpasteurized. I lourve blue cheese and wings! Mmmmm.... Let me know if you'd like to borrow any maternity clothes... I have a bunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to be Ann or Erin when I was little (I didn't realize Elisabeth was such a great name back then) but my mom said she didn't want my first and last name to end in the same letter because it seemed to rhyme-y even though those names don't rhyme with my last name. It's such a chore naming babies. You could go the route of severl of the Reading Rainbow Story Contest entries and leave the baby unnamed but call her "Grandsister" or leave the baby unnamed until she grows up when her name will be "Princess."

    I don't have maternity clothes to offer you like Raychelle, but I can offer help with drywalling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all over both maternity clothes loans (retired my last pre-pregnancy dress shirt this morning) and drywalling help ladies! Thanks

    ReplyDelete