Thursday, April 15, 2010

20 Weeks

They say it's the halfway point. I say I've only known I was pregnant for 16 weeks so far, And there's still 20 to go, so it doesn't really seem like the halfway point. Especially since I'm convinced she won't be making her arrival until our anniversary on September 13th, rather than her due date of September 2nd.

She's 10 inches this week. But this week we start measuring her from head to toe, rather than just to her butt. So she didn't actually grow 4 inches in a week. Ouch, that would hurt. The e-mail says she's the length of a banana. I am apparently eating very small bananas, 'cause I don't think mine are 10 inches long.
Her weight did jump a bit though, up to 10.5 ounces. I suspect a growth spurt will be happening shortly and we'll be seeing one pound pretty soon!

I thought I had gained four pounds since monday (it's Thursday) but I guess that was a false alarm (probably the giant DiBella's sub still lodged in my tummy somewhere) since I lost two of those pounds by this morning. So that puts me around 7 pounds gained total. The e-mail says about 10 is normal. Hopefully I can keep it slow and steady for the next 20 weeks.

I flipped the page on the calendar the doctor gave me (since this is the end of month 5). Looks like it's about time to sign up for childbirth classes.

I'm looking into cloth diapers. Haven't really decided anything yet though.

I started looking on craig's list for cribs etc. Looks like we can get a pretty nice set for the same amount as a middle of the road crib is brand new. I'm trying to decide if we want a convertible crib that ends up as a double bed or just a crib. We have a whole bunch of twin beds that I figured our kids would use, so that kind of makes the convertible crib seem not so useful. So we'll see.

She has seemed very active the last couple of days. I'm feeling her several times throughout the day rather than just once or twice. Still can't feel anything on the outside though.

1 comment:

  1. Won't be as crazy movements as it starts to get more squished in there, but enjoy it while it tickles, cuz ones she is squishes you'll have feet in your ribcage, and it will look and feel like an alien is trying to get out of your body...

    ReplyDelete