Monday, April 19, 2010

Kicking Machine

Her kicks have become a lot more frequent and forceful since the first time I felt her. The first kicks were teeny tiny little nothings compared to her latest acrobatics. I can feel her kicking straight out toward my tummy, down low by my pubic bone, and even sometimes back toward my butt.

JR still can't feel her though. But they say it can be as long as week 28 before you can feel them from the outside. I hope it's not quite that long.

I've kind of convinced myself that I can feel her from the outside. But only occassionally and when she's kicking straight out. Usually when I put my hand on my stomach, or he does, she stops kicking right away. So there haven't been a lot of opportunities.

I was sure he would have felt the one big kick she delivered when his hand was there last night. But I have so many tummy gurgles I'm not sure that if he felt her he would be able to differentiate between the gurgles and a kick (or from my heart beat which you can also feel in my stomach). There's a lot going on in there.

But last night I saw my stomach poke up a tiny bit right when she kicked. That happened twice. So she is definitely getting stronger.

1 comment:

  1. :) Both of my kids would play with me, I'd push in my tummy in a spot and they'd kick right back :) I have feisty children

    ReplyDelete