Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pilates

So I think the pre-natal pilates is helping. Every time I do the video I do the "core" section. My back feels better this week, here's hoping it's because I'm actually stronger and not that it's just a temporary reprieve. I changed how I stand at shuffleboard. So I'm sure that helped too. Instead of leaning over the table I'm kind of doing a lunge thing to get myself low enough. I tried to shoot sitting in a chair but it was really pathetic and didn't work at all.

I've been looking into cloth diapers more and I think we're going to go with pocket diapers. If I can find another kind super cheap at a garage sale or something I might buy a few of those but pocket diapers look the most new-parent-friendly. I also looked at a few sites that tell you how to make diapers but even the fabric choices are confusing. It's easy to make a crappy diaper like we used to wear but it's hard to make a really nice diaper like they have now. So I'm just going to skip that whole idea.

We got to see Addison a couple times over the weekend. She's super tiny and very adorable. It's incredible what a difference a couple pounds makes. Ryan was, I think, 10 pounds and Addison was 6-11. Ryan was a giant compared to her.
When I was holding her I was afraid she was getting too hot all bundled up but she let me know as soon as I started to unwrap her that she was happy in her little blanket cocoon. It's been quite handy having Jen give birth at the same hospital I'll be at. She's been able to answer my questions and give me a better idea of what to expect. We're going to aim for a slightly less dramatic labor and delivery than she had, but I hear that Spud's going to do whatever she wants. The best laid plans of (pregnant mommies) often go awry.

Also, you'll all be thrilled to know that JR was super cute when he was holding Addison. He was very busy watching a hockey game, but it was still adorable.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, we had the super bowl while we were in the hospital with Tara. Pizza, wings, I think maybe even some beer. Personally, I hate cloth diapers. I have enough damn laundry to do and my newbors went through at least a diaper an hour unless they were sleeping at night longer and that was still only 2 1/2 hours or something at a time. Hopefully they'll work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah I gotta say, I give you credit if you stick with cloth diapers. I can barely keep up with taking out the daily disposable diapers so they don't stink up the house :) My sister-in-law does cloth with Liam and she tried out all diff. types of them I think. If you want her email address I can give it to you if you're interested in her advice as a current cloth diaper-er. One thing to keep in mind is that the cloth diapers take up a lot more room in the clothes, so you may end up putting her in bigger sizes sooner... Liam is like 10 months and he's wearing 18 month clothes b/c his crotch is HUGE. Just something to think of if you're buying/registering for clothes and planning to cloth diaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I was thinking, since so many of the cloth diapers are super cute, I'd just let her run around half naked most of the time. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.gdiapers.com/

    A grand mommy in play group was talking about these today...If your desire is to keep chemicals away from Spud's who-ha and save the earth...this might at the very least also save you a butt load (pun intended) of laundry :)

    ReplyDelete