Thursday, March 7, 2013

Birthday Parties: Buffalo Edition

For Colin's second first birthday party we went up to Buffalo.  It was a challenge to throw a party 3 hours from home but it was fun.

We held the party at the church parish hall.  That worked out really well beause there was plenty of room for the kids to run around and scream (and be away from everyone else but still contained.).

We re-used a lot of ideas and stuff from the first party.  But we did a couple things different too.

For the cake we used the same robot topper but for the gears I used a mold from Decorate the Cake online.
The binary around the bottom said Colin!  And around the top it said Cake!
 
The cupcakes used the same small gears instead of robot faces.  Plus sprinkles.
 
But I still used the same awesome cake stand.
 
I made some little robot center pieces out of aluminum cans.
The displays say "Run program: birthday.party. FUN"  Like it's a program and FUN is the file extension.
Yeah, even JR didn't get that one.

 
And I put my dad in charge of a balloon garland.
 
The favors and hats were the same.
 
And so was the robot photo booth


We skipped the pizza for this party but we had more goodies to nom on.

I think Kaida ate half a bag of cheese puffs by herself.



learning about static electricity

 


Someone had to wear a robot hat!

Colin helped with the presents.

Kaida helped too

We sang happy birthday

And were serious about enjoying some cake!

Birthday boy Robo-Colin
Happy Birthday to me!


And here's Kaida's robot.  Guess what his name was.
If you guessed Pokey you win!

 

Our plan was to go up Friday night so we wouldn't have to rush around a lot Saturday morning.  We had the car all packed and I was super organized but then it took forever to get dinner and we missed our departure window.  We like to try to get up there by 9 ish so the kids don't get to bed too late (trust me it's terrible).So we rushed around Saturday morning.  Mom had to go to the grocery store for me but otherwise it wasn't too bad.
Betsy came early and helped set everything up so that was GREAT!  It probably would have been a shambles without her.  Thank you Betsy!


2 comments:

  1. It was great! I'm so glad I had off that day. And Kaida didn't eat an entire half bag of Cheese Puffs. She shared half a puff with me because as she said "These are delicious!"

    ReplyDelete