Monday, March 26, 2012

Comparison

I compare my babies to each other. Mostly because I sort of learned how to do things for babies with Kaida but they're a lot different for Colin.

Anyway, here's what I've noticed:

The main difference (besides the obvious) is fat rolls. Kaida never had any. Colin has them on his arms and his legs and his neck. I'll give him his bath and think he's clean but then I still have to get into the creases with a wipe. Also, they're adorable. I'm not sure I trust it but our scale said he was 13 pounds the other day. It took Kaida 6 months to double her birth weight but Colin is almost there at 2 months.

Another difference is their hair. Kaida's was pretty long when she was born so it felt like hair. His is still pretty short so it feels fuzzy. Not like a buzz cut, more like a teddy bear.

And the fantastic difference is their sleep. When I put him down at night he goes to sleep. After he nurses overnight he goes back to sleep. I remember her screaming a lot in the middle of the night. I know there's plenty of time for him to start doing that but he's been great so far *knock on wood*.

She liked the sling but he hates it. He prefers the pack carrier.

She would stay really still in the sink for her baths. He splashes me, stretches out and bonks his head on the other side, and sticks his legs up onto the counter.

He tolerates tummy time a little better. She would usually be screaming hysterically within the first minute. He doesn't dislike it but starts to cry once he gets bored.

She used to pee on the changing table several times a week. He hardly ever pees while I'm changing him, but when he does it's a lot more dramatic!

They have similarities too, falling asleep in the car seat, staring at the cats, and liking bath time. I guess we'll see if they get more alike or less as he gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment