Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shower

This has been an exhausting week. I spent all day training my replacement on Monday through Wednesday and had dive club, a priates game, and tonight is childbirth class in the evenings. Tomorrow we leave for Indiana to visit with the other Hagys.
Whew. I'm tired just typing it.

But last weekend was the shower in Buffalo. It was adorable. Unfortunately we forgot to take a camera so all I have is a picture of the cake I took with my cell phone. But the cake was pretty awesome. It had one of the dragons that we made into stickers on it. Connie made it, of course, so it tasted great too.



So the shower was at Michael's which is where we had our wedding shower. And the choices were Beef bourguignon or chicken marsala (I think). We had a green salad to start and rolls on the table. And then connie cake! Although Mom and I both agreed that the punch left a bit to be desired. I think i'd rather have had a juice box.

The favors were flower pots (wrapped in purple foil) that had "baby dragon's breath" growing in them. There was a little dragon cut out on a stick that had the plant's information on it. super cute.

And of course the invite had a dragon on it and the thank yous do as well. It's all very cute. I was impressed that they came up with so many different dragon themed things. So thank you to Mom, Aunt B, Manda, Sam, Aunt Carol, and Aunt Judy.

We got lots of fun gifts too. My mom was right, people can't help but buy adorable baby clothes. There were tons of gifts that had an outfit included with them. And they range in size too. I think all the way up to 12 months. And my cousin sent a bag of newborn sized clothes too. So Kaida's pretty set for a while.

There were a couple of doubles or near doubles of some things so now comes the hard part of deciding which to return to the store.

Things we definitely still need are the car seat, bottles, diapers, wipes, the changing table pad, and crib sheets. And I guess I should include the pump in the need list if I'm including bottles. But that can wait until we get home and see how things are going.
Of course there's other stuff that I still want and would make life easier but I don't consider them needs. Like the tub, more towels and wash cloths, maybe another swaddler, the pack n play, the grooming kit and soap set, Captain Calamari (who Jen and I saw in the store, and he's WAY bigger than I thought but still super adorable and I want him), and the thermometer.
I think I can get a lot of this on e-bay, craigslist, and at garage sales so I'm not too worried about it. And while I think all she really needs is a dress, some diapers, and a drawer to sleep in it would be nice to have the other stuff too. I guess I technically have to add the car seat to that list according to law. But it just doesn't flow with the other three things very well, Dress, diapers, drawer, car seat.

Anyway. I had a very nice shower and I think Kaida will be a very happy baby with all of these gifts to keep her content.

No comments:

Post a Comment