Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kaida's Concussion

Last night Kaida and JR were playing and she ran full tilt and either tripped or lost her balance and went forehead first into the leg of the coffee table. We weren't even sure at first that she had hit her head. She was carrying his phone so I thought that had hit the cross bars under the table. From his angle he thought she had smacked her leg into the table.

But at bath time we found a tiny goose egg on her forehead and now there's a small vertical mark on the right hand side of her forehead.

She seemed ok but this morning she was pretty quiet and just wanted to sit with me on the couch. Then once I got her dressed she threw up (on the super cute purple ruffle outfit from Grammy and Poppy).

So then I called the Dr. and they wanted to see her. We saw Dr. Cuppola who we've never seen before. He was nice and he tried to be not terrifying but she screamed bloody murder anyway.

What little he could tell from my observations and looking at her he thinks she might have a slight concussion. So we're supposed to watch her but it should heal itself in a couple days.

Poor baby. And I was worried about having to deal with a diaper rash that wouldn't go away when I go into labor with Colin. She showed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment