Wednesday, January 4, 2012

37 Weeks 6 Days

Made an unplanned visit to the midwives today. But everything turned out to be fine.

On Sunday my feet started to swell. My hands have been a little puffy for a couple weeks but Sunday was the first day my feet joined the party.

Tuesday morning and this morning I had a headache. The preeclampsia symptom is actually a headache that doesn't go away with a pain reliever but I never think to take a pain reliever unless someone tells me to.

Then today while I was in the shower I saw some weird spots. Now, I'm an expert at passing out so I know what those spots look like and what it feels like when you're getting light headed enough to see spots. These were not even close to similar. They were little black streaks that zoomed across one side of my vision. They only lasted a couple seconds but putting that together with the other things had us a little worried.

So I called the office. I was really hoping they would just tell me that I was being paranoid but the nurse said "No, I don't think you're being paranoid. We think you should come in." Damn.
And now would be when I mention that they found the preeclampsia with Kaida when I was 37 weeks 6 days pregnant with her. Doh!

So I picked JR up at work. Best case being he watches Kaida and I don't have a high blood pressure reading just from chasing her around the office. Worst case he's there when they decide they want to induce me and I have support during my freak out. Luckily it was the former.

My BP was 120/78 which is right in line with what it's been lately. No protein in my urine. They didn't guess what the spots were or what's causing the headaches. I would guess that I'm 9 and a half months pregnant and have a toddler, that's what's causing the headaches :-P

His heart rate was in the 140s and he now had his back toward my right side. He's gone back to my left, back to my back, back to my right. Next stop (fingers crossed) Occiput Anterior (back to my front) and hopefully he stays there until delivery.

It was an eventful morning but definitely could have been worse. When we got home Kaida and I celebrated by eating lunch and taking a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment