Friday, January 20, 2012

40 Weeks

Well, 40 weeks and 1 day. I'm counting every day now. Sooo tired.

I had a midwives appointment this morning. She said that if he's not here by next Thursday we'll need to do an ultrasound and non stress test, so I have those appointments scheduled with the hopes that we won't need to use them. And at that point we'll discuss scheduling an induction for 42 weeks.
But she said that of the babies that don't come by their due date 85% come within the next week. So the odds are against him coming on my birthday but still pretty good for Betsy and Misty's birthdays which are within the 7 days.

Either way, this week starts operation "Get Colin Out."

We might have our work cut out for us though, since I had her check me and I'm only dilated 1 cm with no other progress to note. He's still head down though so that's good.

My blood pressure was good. I measured 39 weeks and gained some weight so it seems like he's still growing a bit. His heart rate was fine.

My Doula had a conference in Florida and should be back today so he can come any time he wants. Ideally, tonight. That way JR won't need to take many days to be at the hospital, and I can get a full week's worth out of having my mom here.

Come on baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment