Friday, September 30, 2011

24 Weeks

Had my midwife appointment today. I met with Tanya who seems very nice. At the "meet the midwives" she seemed the most doctory of all the midwives and that came through again a bit today but nowhere near as doctory as the doctors.

I told her about our Doula and then asked about him being breech. She said right now it's hard to tell what position he's in but around week 34 they'll be able to tell and that's also when they can start trying to get him to flip around.

I realized I forgot to mention that my regular doctor had told me I have a heart murmur when they were taking my history at the last appointment. So I told her that. And since I've never had any other kind of tests about it she is referring me to a cardiologist. My doctor made it seem like it's not a big deal but I guess she wants to be sure.

My blood pressure was well within a normal range today. But I've been keeping track of it since just before I got pregnant and noticed that it's been going up. So I brought that up and showed her my notes. We talked about what would happen if I get preeclampsia again. If I get it before or after full term, if it's severe or mild, no matter what combo, they would just end up inducing me. So I'm hoping to avoid that but at least I know now. I guess if it is going to happen I'll want to discuss how to make it less awful this time around, if that's even possible.
As for right now I have an appointment to go back in two weeks just to check my blood pressure.

I think she thought I was worried so that's why she had me make the BP appointment and gave me the referral for the cardiologist. At least that's what I hope.

Bean is a little over a pound and almost a foot long. His skin is still translucent and he's developing taste buds. My soccer ball sized uterus measured 24 weeks perfectly today and his heart rate was 156 which she said was great since he was kicking.
So he's good at least!

I've gained 9 pounds according to their scale. But I also started wearing jeans, a sweatshirt, and sneakers. Our scale has a slightly more reasonable number usually around 5 pounds. So that would put me at either 11 or 7 pounds gained total.

Pretty big week in all sorts of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment