Thursday, September 22, 2011

23 Weeks

Bean is 23 weeks gestation this week. We really need to get a name on this kid. But today we were reminded that our front runner is what JR's cousin named their son. Doh!

Bean is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound. I've been thinking that I look a lot bigger this last week or so. I guess other people agree, two other mothers congratulated me at gymboree on Wednesday. I think they think we're a little crazy but so do I so that's ok.

The e-mail says that his ears are getting better at picking up sounds. This evening Kaida was making a ton of noise while she was playing and he kept jumping around in my belly.

I have the glucose test and a midwife appointment next week. I need to ask about him being breech. He was at the ultrasound so if he hasn't flipped, or doesn't get around to it by the time we're getting close I want to know what our options are.

We met our Doula this week too. Well, I kind of met her at the meet the doulas night but JR hadn't. She seems really nice. She was a little distracted because she got a call from a mom who went into labor early on during our meeting. She seems like she's a lot more our style than Monique was. Monique was very holistic to the point of being crunchy. This Doula seemed to be pretty in sync with us. So hey, having Monique was great, having this Doula should be fantastic!

We still have a ton of stuff to do to get Kaida moved into her room. And I have a huge list of stuff we need to get before he arrives. Luckily the consignment sale at church is this weekend so I should be able to get some of it there!

1 comment:

  1. if he is breeched there is a chiropractic maneuver, the webster technique, that can help turn him.

    ReplyDelete