Thursday, September 1, 2011

20 Weeks

20 Weeks today. That's the halfway mark. But January still seems pretty far away.

Bean should be about 10.5 ounces and 10 inches from head to heel. 6.5 inches from head to rump.

I had my first appointment with the midwives yesterday. I met with Laura the midwife. She actually took us on the hospital tour when we went to meet the midwives. The doctors never sent my records down to the midwives which is annoying. But I signed a release so they can get them now.

The receptionist was way nicer than the doctor's receptionist. There's a TV in the waiting room. And they seem more relaxed. We went to a consult room first to do my history and then when the midwife came in we just stayed there for the exam rather than packing all of Kaida's stuff back up and moving to an exam room.

Bean seems fine, his heart rate was in the 150s. Kaida screamed for that part. I'm not sure if it was because it was nap time, she didn't like the midwife touching me, or if she didn't like the equipment. I might try to find a baby sitter for my next appointment since it will be the glucose test and will take a while.

Laura ordered the glucose test for me and she also ordered a creatinine blood test. That one tests kidney function. I believe she said it was to get a baseline for me. I guess if my blood pressure starts going up again they can do another creatinine test and compare it to this one to see what's going on more specifically.

I have now gained weight! I am up two pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Since I lost 4 pounds in the beginning it's really like I've gained 6 total (5 since my last appointment). I thought it was stressfull to gain weight fast but I think it's more stressfull to not gain weight at all.
Other than that my hips disappeared this past week, I'm feeling a little less mobile, and a little more tired. Not as tired as in the beginning but I had two or three really good weeks there where I wasn't sick and I wasn't tired either.

No comments:

Post a Comment