Thursday, February 4, 2010

10 Weeks

According to my fuzzy pregnancy brain math, that means we're a quarter of the way there. That's good. The countdown says 210 days left which doesn't seem very long at all. But when you say 7 months it seems like an eternity.

I guess when you say it's 7 months until there will be a baby in the house it doesn't seem like enough time. But when you says it's 7 months until I don't have to go to work anymore it seems like forever.

I caught another cold. Cold's are pretty awful when you're pregnant. I can take Zyrtec, plain robitussin, menthol free cough drops, and Tylenol. Since I don't have a cough and my throat is only sore from breathing through my mouth all the time I'm not even bothering with two of the options. I took the Zyrtec last night. It dried my sinuses out fiercely but didn't actually stop the runny nose and congestion very well. I think I have to take it in the morning so that it wears off while I sleep at the end of the 24 hours rather than in the middle of the day. Usually when I get a cold I drug myself into a stupor with a dayquil/nyquil cocktail. The Zyrtec and Tylenol combo doesn't really compare.

I blame Dan from work for this cold. He came to work sick every day last week. Jerk. So I didn't go to work on Tuesday or Wednesday and today I just went for a couple hours in the morning. I managed to get all the work done and there were no phone calls so that was sweet. I almost feel bad for not going to work because of a cold, but then I remember that I'm growing a human.

So Spud is 1.5 inches long, doesn't have a tail anymore, has fingers and toes, and is the size of a mondo brazil nut. I really wish they'd start comparing embryo size to things that I've actually seen before. 1.5 inches is about 3/4 the length of my thumb. Which seems pretty big until you think about a hot dog. And how when you eat one you don't notice it in your stomach from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment