Saturday, December 31, 2011

37 Weeks

I guess I didn't gain any weight this week. The nurse is usually so fast with it that I can barely get a glance at what the scale says. But this midwife didn't mention it at all. BP was still in the 120s over 70s, Hot Dog!

I'm Strep B Negative, so I won't need to have antibiotics during labor, at least not for that. I suppose something else could happen where I would need antibiotics though. Hot Dog again!

She said that a Hep Lock is standard for the midwives so that's good. The IV was probably the least of my problems last time but if things go better this time an IV would be annoying.

Since I won't be having an IV I asked about food during labor. She said clear liquids is the hospital policy to make anesthesia happy. Then she pretty much said, don't come in until you really need to and eat on your way here if you're hungry. Which was kind of my plan anyway.

In my birth vision I said I would prefer intermittent or telemetric monitoring. She said that they pretty much can't do intermittent since you need someone to be with you one on one during active labor because monitoring happens so frequently. So it looks like telemetric will be the way to go.

Assuming my water hasn't broken yet when we get to the hospital we'll ask to be in L&D 5 or 6 so I can use the tub if I want.

I feel pretty well prepared. I still need to do some stuff around the house but I think we're ready to go to the hospital under pretty much any circumstance. Kaida even has a bag packed. I don't know what situation might arise where she would need to go somewhere for more than a little while but if it does, she's ready.

Colin's Heart Rate was in the 140s this week. He was Occiput Posterior (head down but facing my belly) at the office which is not how we want him for delivery but head down is good enough for me. They usually turn to anterior during labor if you're able to be up and moving. So everything still looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment