Wednesday, December 21, 2011

36 Weeks Midwife Appointment

Went to the Midwives today. JR stayed home with Kaida and that was very nice.

My fundal height measured 36 cm so that's right on. My iron is good and so was my blood pressure, 120/72, but I gained 9 pounds in 3 weeks. I knew I had gained a bunch, and it all happened in this past week or so. That's alarming but I don't have a whole lot of swelling, just my hands occassionally. And if the weight gain were related to preeclampsia I would have puffed up somewhere. She thought maybe he had a growth spurt. Which would also explain the "Pyramid of Pain".

That is what I've taken to calling the ridiculous pain in my groin area. I had some pain with Kaida. You could tell it was just soreness from carrying around a baby. This is that with an added sharp pain in the dead center of my pubic bone. So sometimes just walking or lifting my leg to put my shoe on is really painful. The midwife thought it was just the round ligaments stretching out.

She said that he's head down with his back toward my left. I think he's still there right now. But he has some giant movements every once in a while so I think he's still able to switch it up every once in a while.

She was guessing that he's already 5-6 pounds and said he had a pretty good sized bean. Sounds like we might have another giant headed baby, but maybe not a weeble this time. She said that sometimes with preeclampsia babies don't get everything they need through the placenta so that can lead to a lower birth weight which would explain Kaida being so tiny. So if he's already that big then (fingeres crossed) maybe no preeclampsia!

She looked at the birth vision and didn't think anything seemed unreasonable. And we did the Group B Strep test so we'll have the results of that at my visit next week.

As soon as I had parked the car at the hospital I started sneezing and my nose hasn't stopped running yet. I think I may be sick. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment