Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weaning

A couple weeks ago I traded Kaida's afternoon nursing session for a snack. For the past week or so she's been refusing to nurse or has been latching on for an inconsequential amount of time at least once a day.

So I called the doctor today to see what they thought. If I should supplement her, and if so would it be ok to start her on cow's milk.

The nurse I talked to said that she should have 20 ounces a day total. So she suggested trying to get her to take 12 ounces of cow's milk since we don't really know how much breastmilk she's getting. Tomorrow is shopping day so I guess that's when we'll start.

The nurse was pretty funny I told her the whole spiel and she said "Ok, so what brand... uh... you said she's never had formula?"

JR said I should have told her "It's called Hagy, it's custom made."

So 11.5 months with only one bottle of formula (just to see if she would drink it), not too shabby! And it looks like I saved us at least $1,000 (But trust me, I would charge way more than that if I was providing this as a service).

No comments:

Post a Comment