Sunday, August 7, 2011

Not Standing Up

Kaida still won't stand on her own. She did it for a long time when we had her out on the grass. She didn't know what to do, she couldn't sit down because then the grass would touch her, and she knows she "doesn't know how" to stand up. So she spent about 2 minutes squatting and then standing back up and then squatting down again. It was hilarious.
Since then she's a little more willing to let go with both hands while she's standing but not for very long.

She has started throwing these adorable little fits. She usually does it when we put her down and she wants us to keep carrying her around. She sits down and puts her head on the floor between her legs and starts to cry. It's so pathetic. I try not to laugh 'cause I don't want to encourage it but it's really funny.

She's been wearing disposable diapers a lot this week. I think her fanny is not a fan of red sauce but she loves to eat it. Pasta, pizza, spaghettios. She had little dots yesterday so we switched her to disposables this morning. But it just got worse and worse through the day. I guess that rash cream isn't really helping. So we put her back in cloth and used regular ointment for bedtime tonight.

Also we're almost out of disposable diapers (the only remaining diaper has just one tab, what a rip off!). I can't imagine what it would be like to have her in disposables all the time. I guess I would be more on top of making sure we're well stocked but we went through them so fast and she wasn't even wearing them full time. It seems like setting your money on fire. I know we spent a lot up front for the cloth but yikes!

She has a cough again. I would say we're going on about 10 days + right now. She slept a lot for a couple days there and it seemed to get a little bit better. I guess I'll wait to see how this week plays out and then call the doctor. Poor kid. She was all better for the fourth of July so she only had, like, 3 weeks of being healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment