Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bean's Ultrasound

Bean's a boy!

We had the second trimester ultrasound today. Everything is measuring normally and on track for 18 weeks which is where we are.

Bean was very squirmy so the tech had some trouble getting measurements and then he wouldn't flip to show her his spine or his goods. But we got everything eventually.

She kept calling him "he" before we had a confirmed gender. Afterward she said that she thought she saw something right at the beginning but he flipped out of position so quick she wasn't 100% sure.

She said his feet were one inch long.
The e-mail said that he's 5.5 inches long (about the size of a bell pepper) so that kind of sounds like he's got some giant flippers.
He's about 7 ounces, his ears are in their final position, and his genitals are noticeable on an ultrasound (obviously).

As for me I'm almost back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. Still about a pound shy. But I'm actually hungry a lot now so I'm sure that will help. I felt Bean kick during week 17 which was quite a bit earlier than Kaida. I didn't feel her until after the second trimester ultrasound.
The Doula has been selected. We're just waiting for her to get in touch with us since she's been on vacation.
Next week I have my first appointment with the Midwives.

We're definitely more on the ball this time. Now we just need to get Kaida's room finished, spiff up the nursery, and get some clothes that aren't pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment