Friday, November 11, 2011

Holy Molars!

Kaida is getting 4 molars right now. She's been chewing on her fingers for a couple weeks now and woke up screaming the other night. I checked the next day and found two molars coming in on the bottom. I double checked the day after that and noticed two more on the top. She's not the happiest camper, although they seem to be moving along pretty quickly, so that's good.

She acts a lot different when she's in pain, besides the "I'm in pain" scream.

After the afternoon nap she has been pretty inconsolable the past two or three days. Distracting her and giving her a snack is usually enough to snap her out of it but yesterday I gave her some Tylenol.

When she falls or has some other little ouchy she cries and needs to be picked up, normally she can just shake it off if you make it seem like it was no big deal.

She also needs a lot more attention. Normally after dinner she just plays in the living room without needing a lot of interaction from us but today she needed to be on the couch with us but somehow that wasn't making her happy either. Eventually I just ran around the circle from the living room to the kitchen with her over and over. I gave her some tylenol before bed too because she was still unhappy after her bath.

I hope the rest of this goes pretty quickly, I want my sweet baby back.

In other news we have a babysitter booked for our childbirth classes. She's in high school and she seemed pretty on top of it when I talked to her on the phone. Hopefully she can be our go to sitter. She's going to come over the Saturday before classes start to meet Kaida and watch the bedtime routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment