Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Big Girl Room!

We finally finished Kaida's big girl room today. It has seemed like it was almost done for days so it was really annoying that it was taking so long. But, it's adorable!

Here it is before. Well, before we started painting but after moved out the bed and smushed all the rest of the furniture into the middle of the room.


It took two coats of primer


I was afraid the pink would be barely pink but it's perfect.


And here's the floor and bottom part of the wall. They both look awful.


Here's the start of the window seat JR built.


Kaida Helped


This shows the room empty and in desperate need of carpet.





The carpeting installed. It's really nice, I love it.



The moulding installed.


Getting ready to set up the crib. Notice we're building it in the room it will end up in. Lesson learned.


Finally done.


I'm very proud of the window seat area. That was a lot of sewing and it looks absolutely adorable. I think the curtain underneath works perfectly.


The letters were on sale and I had a coupon for the paint. I think the name, grand total, was $12. I used the blue sticky stuff I had from the dorms to hang the letters. And, these are the polka dot stickers Aunt B found at the dollar store. I had them all over the room but then I thought it made the room look like it had the measles. I'm thinking of doing something on the wall the crib is on but I'm not sure about it yet.


We bought some toy storage for her. The hippo drawer in the middle is a big hit. Rachelle got her the dragon print on the left of the long shelf and the colors are perfect. It says "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are small, and crunchy, and taste good with ketchup."
Her growth chart is hanging up behind the door and she really likes the new piggy bank. Unfortunately he's ceramic and not a good toy.


When the curtains aren't pulled back the entire room and upstairs glows pink. It was driving JR crazy when he was working up there so he grabbed the tie backs from our room and put them on. They look great! Now I just need to make new tie backs for our room.


I'm very proud of the room. I think it looks great for not having come out of a box.

1 comment:

  1. Kaida's room is too cute. I am DYING over the polka dot pillows on the window seat. I'm also trying to determine if it's ok for an adult to put dot stickers on her bedroom wall...

    ReplyDelete