Monday, April 25, 2011

High Chair

Last week I took the straps off of the high chair to clean them. She thinks it's fun to chew on them when she has a mouthful of food so they get pretty gross. It wasn't until JR was putting them back on the chair that we realized that one of the snaps that holds the strap to the chair had broken when I took it off. It stayed snapped together and came completely off of the one side of the strap.

I got out the booklet that came with the chair (I'm glad I kept all that stuff!) so I could call them and raise some hell.
But they were closed because of Good Friday. Today I gathered everything back up again and made the call.
They tried to deter me by telling me it would be a 25 minute wait before I could speak to a representative. But I had my book, my gummy worms, and a sleeping baby. I was in it for the long haul and they were not going to win that easily.

I practiced my lines in my head. Calm but firm and not taking no for an answer. there was no way they were going to wiggle out of selling a defective product.

When I did finally talk to a representative I didn't even get to raise a little bit of hell. She just took our address and is sending us new straps.

She must have known I was ready to go a full 10 rounds so she forfeited early. Yeah, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment