Sunday, February 20, 2011

Evansville Zoo

We went to the zoo in Evansville yesterday with Grandmom, Pop Pop, Aunt Jen, Addy, Aunt Jamie, and Melanie. JR and I had fun. I can't speak for Kaida except to say that she seemed interested and she didn't cry.

It's smaller than the Pittsburgh zoo which is to be expected, since Evansville is a smaller city. We were pretty amused because they must have shuffled some of the animals around but not changed the signs. We kept seeing signs for Muntjacs but then there would be a camel or a crane in the habitat. Or the one where the sign said siberian tiger but actually had muntjacs in it (that was just because the sign was in a bad place, we found the tiger a little ways over).

My favorite was the Hippo-not-amus. I said "I'd like to see the hippos and rhinos." So we wandered over into their area. They must have been in their houses so JR said "Look! It's the incredibly rare Hippo-not-amus." I thought that was hilarious.

It was Kaida's first trip to the zoo. she watched some of the animals, the ones that moved enough to catch her attention. Then she got sleepy and napped for a little while.

She really liked the birds in the botanic garden area. I think she had the most fun watching her cousins, aunts, and Grandmom and Pop Pop though.

Snoozing at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment