Tuesday, November 9, 2010

All Quiet on the Western Front

Get it, her room faces west...

Things are going pretty well on the sleeping front. She's been going down without much of a struggle maybe every other night. I left the tap light on by accident the other night so now I'm leaving it on every night. She went down without a peep the first night so now it's sort of a superstition. Maybe next week I'll try turning it off and see if she throws a fit about it.

I'm kind of wondering what clothes I should put her to sleep in. Since it got a little colder I've been putting her in a sleeper, then swaddling her in a flannel receiving blanket, and then swaddling her in the light swaddle me, one arm out.
It seems chilly in her room at night with the fan on but I went in there this morning after the heat had been on for a while and it actually felt hot. I mean I wear pants and long sleeves to bed and then we have a sheet and two comforters on the bed. I don't want her to over heat so I haven't been putting her in the fleece sleeper. She doesn't cry when it's hot in there or cold, so I have no clue.

She seems to be doing even better with her head. We've been putting her the opposite way in the crib and on the changing table to encourage her to turn to the left. This morning when I went to get her she was facing left. So maybe it is just a matter of preference.

She's holding her head up really well. She doesn't flop over when I sit her up on the couch or in the rocking chair. I've started flipping her over for tummy time after diaper changes. She's getting good about lifting her head up that way too. Still no upper body strength. I guess she takes after me in that respect!

Still can't get her to nap in the crib in the afternoon but she's fine in there for a morning nap. She'll sleep on us or in the swing in the afternoon. Maybe I should just pick a time and put her down to see if she'll get used to it and just start going to sleep. Trying to put her in the crib when she looks tired hasn't been working.

No comments:

Post a Comment