Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I've been lazy!

Let's see. Last week Kaida had her two month Doctor's appointment. She was...

10 pounds 5.5 ounces - 50th %
23.25 inches - 90th %
39 cm around her head - 75th %

Long and skinny, big head.

She had two shots and a vaccine that came in liquid. It was pretty awful for both of us. She was miserable and I felt bad that I couldn't do anything to help her.
I honestly have no idea which immunizations she's had now. They said everything so fast and they're all initials and combinations. And the pamphlet they gave me lists about 10 different ones but the ones she had weren't marked. I'm a bad mommy. I should know these things.

This past Sunday was Halloween. I ordered her dragon costume before the middle of the month but never got a shipping confirmation. Then I e-mailed them and they never got back to me, so I called and their voice mail box was no longer accepting any messages.
It didn't sound good so I e-mailed them to cancel my order and went out and bought fabric. I made my own version of the dragon costume. It came out cute (thank goodness) but it's very small. So unless there are other babies we know born in September or October it probably won't get used again. But if anyone wants to use it they sure can!
The company sent me a cancellation confirmation so at least we won't be billed. Oh, and making it cost, probably, $2 less than buying it and having it shipped to us. Not really a good enough cost savings to warrant all that work. Oh well.

We went to Buffalo for Tim and Amanda's party, it was fun 'cause I knew Jodi would make a big deal about her, and I love when people do that. The kids were adorable in their costumes. And of course the food was great 'cause Amanda's a fantastic hostess.
We also went to the Bulls tailgate Saturday afternoon. Uncle Skip gave us some hot cider that was delicious! About half way through my cup I started to feel a little intoxicated. It had a little Brandy in it, whoops! I'm such a light weight now.
On Sunday we hurried home (and made it by 5:30, everything's a little slower now) so we could see the trick or treaters. We dressed Kaida up and took her to see Dave and Lois, Mary and Glen, and Holly and Dave. We would have gone to see Mary, Jay, and Timothy but they're way at the other end of the street and we wanted to be at the house if people came.

Kaida's been greatly increasing the amount she sleeps. She's had several 8 hour sleeps in the last 9 days. The only part of my body that doesn't appreciate that is my boobs. Since it's becoming a more regular thing now I think I'll pump before I go to bed so it's not quite as bad when she does eventually wake up. I'm not sure my supply will be able to regulate to that big of a time off. Doesn't hurt to have an extra bottle in the freezer, but it does hurt to have it inside my breasts. :-P

While she is sleeping longer she's been fighting sleep pretty hard the last couple days. Today I got three half hour naps out of her. But then when JR got home she slept for almost two hours before it was time to go to bed. She's driving me crazy!

Last night we tried to put her in the crib but she wasn't a real big fan of that. She went to sleep but woke up a half hour later and refused to sleep for the next hour and a half. Eventually we brought her back to our room and put her in the bassinet but she was pretty wound up and had trouble sleeping even there. She didn't nap much at all yesterday so she was probably over tired.
So far tonight she's been asleep in the crib for one hour. Hopefully it will stick.

She's starting to dislike tummy time. But I've started flipping her over after her diaper changes so maybe she'll get a little more used to it.

She seems to be favoring the right side of her head a little less. She doesn't insist on having her head turned that way but she does still prefer it.

She loves to be complimented. If people tell her she's pretty she smiles at them.

She still likes her bath but hates to be taken out of the sink. Even if the sink is empty she'd rather stay in there than be laid on the towel. I have no idea why, my baby is crazy.

The E-mail last week said don't feed her with the TV on because you should be making eye contact with baby. They obviously haven't fed my baby who sleeps most of the time. And if you do look at her while she's eating she looks at you out of the corner of her eye. She seems to be saying "Um, hi, I'm eating here. Could you not stare at me like that please? K? Thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment