Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One Month Doctor's Appointment

We had our one month Dr.'s appointment today.

She weighs 8 lbs 6 oz, is 22" long and umm, has a head. I don't remember the head measurement. But she's 50th, 80th, 50th percentiles respectively.

They had me undress her so she could be weighed and I carried her down the hall to the scale. when I put her down her umbilical stump was gone! I said "Baby! Where's your belly button?" It was stuck to my shirt. Grody!

So the Dr. put something on it to dry it up completely. Pretty good timing.

She had her second Hep B shot. It went really well. Until she realized that it hurt. The nurse was apologizing before she even did the shot. Then for about half a second I thought we were home free until Kaida started screaming. The loudest I've ever heard her scream.

She's slept all day since then. I guess it was pretty stressful. Hopefully she won't be up all night to make up for it.

At the Dr. they keep calling her the actual Japanese pronunciation of her name. With a long "I" sound instead of a long "A". And apparently when you pronounce it that way you don't know if it's a boy or girl name.
Oy. I didn't realize we'd picked such a complicated name.

No comments:

Post a Comment