Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Week 14 ... and 15

I'm a slacker. I didn't post about week 14 and now I can barely remember it.

I bought some maternity pants so that solved my pants problem. Some jeans at Target and some dress pants at Kohls. They have the stretchy part that comes up all the way over your belly to right under your boobs. They're super comfy and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to want to go back to regular pants.
I also bought one maternity shirt and a sweater to wear over it. Most of my tops still fit, if you look close you can see I'm getting fat but I hear that won't last forever. But I think those tops were on sale and I figure they'll get used no matter what.

So week 14 started the second trimester. I feel pretty good. Still tired but not even as hungry and definitely not as sick. The e-mail says baby is 3.5" and can suck its thumb. We thought we saw Spud sucking their thumb on the ultrasound. I yelled at him/her.

So week 15 we told Brandy and Mike. They're watching the cats while we're in Florida and we didn't feel like trying to hide all the baby related things that are hanging around the house. They are under strict instructions to not mention anything on facebook. I gave Brandy the picture to look at and Mike didn't even want to touch it, so that was pretty hilarious. I'm pretty sure you can't catch it from looking at an ultrasound.
Other than that nothing too exciting has happened. I can't feel any movement yet. I'm just sort of hanging out in the second trimester.
Baby is about 4" long and 2.5 ounces or the size of an apple. The sex could be determined this week, but it's going to be a while before we have another peek inside. I haven't gained 5 pounds which is what they say is about average. But now that I'm happy to be eating again I'm sure I'll have no trouble catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment