Thursday, March 18, 2010

Week 16

I guess that translates to 4 months.

Let's see. In week 16 we told my parents. And I told Jenine at work. Our plan is that I will stay home, since I barely make enough to cover day care. And we told Lisa from JR's work.

We got home from JR's conference in Florida around 4pm on Friday. So we unpacked, and packed again to head to Buffalo. When we got to my parent's house I pulled out a bag from Disney World and told them to sit together so I could give it to them. (Hee hee, it wasn't really a gift from Disney World) Inside I put the family tree we made for them. It has them and us and their grandkids. So I put "Baby Hagy Expected Arrival 9/2/2010" on it.



They're excited. My dad hung the frame on the wall (Tim and Manda saw it right away when they were over after we left). Everyone is still under strict orders to not say anything on facebook.

My mom and I went to Babies R Us on Saturday to get a gift for Claire. We made fun of all the crazy things they try to make you think you need. She signed me up for a drawing. We didn't really look at it closely so when the store called me later to tell me I won I didn't know what it was. It ended up being some organic cleaning supplies. So that's nice.

Later on Saturday we went to see Claire at Rachelle and Joe's with Betsy and John. I wore a giant hooded sweatshirt to hide my belly. When I didn't have any wine the questions started. I said before we went if they actually asked I would tell them. But they never said "Are you pregnant?"
If we can keep it a secret this will be the best April Fool's ever.

So week 16 baby. 4.5" and 3.5 ounces. They say the size of an avacado. I say mmmmm guacamole! I noticed last week when we were eating huge meals out every night I didn't get hungry in the middle of the night. But I can't make myself eat that much all the time. So when we got home I went back to the late night snack. I'm going to try to start making that a healthier snack too. Since I've been feeling better I've been eating a lot of junk.
The e-mail also says that everything is almost in its final place. Spud is looking pretty much like a baby should with a few minor changes to go.

According to my scale I've gained 3 pounds. And I think my belly looks like it. If I was looking at just what I looked like I'd say I gained more like 8-10 pounds. Maybe that's just because I don't feel a need to hold in my stomach at all anymore, since it's totally useless. We'll see what the Doctor's office says tomorrow.

My back hurts a lot toward the end of the day. The more walking or lifting I do the worse it is. And it's not a pain that stretching can fix. It's like a nerve pain, like something is pinched. I wore flats yesterday and that seemed to help. Hardly any back pain last night.
Every once in a while my heart starts to pound. Usually after I eat or if I move around after sitting still for a long time.
And then there's the pain in my abdomen. This is usually at the end of the day too and it's been around for weeks. I'm pretty sure it's just my body making room for and getting tired of holding up Spud.

Other than that though I'm doing very well.

Tonic was laying on me and purring last night. Once he left I thought I felt some vibrations really low in my belly. Not sure if it was baby and if it was I don't know if that means Spud really liked having Tonic there or really hated it and wanted him off.

No comments:

Post a Comment