Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week 17

Week 17 was exciting and busy!

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and got to hear the heart beat again. Sue the nurse (who is super nice and way more gentle did the appointment for me). I think Spud is still pretty wiggly because she found it for a couple seconds and then it went away. She didn't bother trying to find it again since we'd already heard it.
I mentioned my shiny new super sensitive gag reflex. I never puked in the first trimester but in the second I've gone twice now. She said Yup. Sorry.
Then I told her how my heart's been pounding. She said it could be due to stimulation of the vagus nerve but she had me go for a bloodtest in case it's my thyroid. The results were normal so I'll just be living with that too
I also had another blood test that's part of the regular 2nd trimester screening. I think this was to test for neural tube defects. But I can't remember and they took the paperwork when I had the test done.

We had Betsy and John in for their Discover scuba, and we're still hiding it from them. Betsy is my favorite April Fool's Day target so I really don't want her to find out before then. But we also needed to have JR's parents over so we could tell them. We cut it a little close but we had his parents in and out before Betsy and John got to our house.

We tried to lure his parents to our house with talk of having them take a look at some of the water damage from the snow. When that started to fail we told them we had a gift for them from when we were in Florida.
I think they were excited too, and surprised. Their Family Tree was a little more complicated but I think it came out cute.



I spent a good part of the weekend making cakes for Jen's shower. Other than the backache I had it was pretty fun to do. I think her shower came off very nicely and everyone had fun.

We also got our first baby gifts! When we were at Jen's house on Monday JR's mom and Jen and Jamie gave us a bunch of adorable baby stuff.
Burp cloths, bibs, and tiny little socks and mittens from his mom.
A hooded towel, wash cloths, bath robe, and pirate sippy cup from his sisters. Duckie themed bathroom stuff to go with the ducky bathroom!

Yeah, I'm getting very excited now. It's weird, since I don't excite but it's fun too.

In week 17 Spud is about 5 ounces and 5 inches long from head to butt. That doesn't even include the legs! It's hard to imagine that there's a five inch long baby in there. Get out a ruler. It's big! I guess the rate at which I've been adding clothes to the can't-wear-this-anymore pile should have tipped me off.
Spud's bones are hardening, is developing sweat glands, and can move all it's joints.
We will hopefully find out the sex next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment