Friday, January 8, 2010

We're expecting!

I took the test on December 28th. The first test had a faint but visible line. I've taken two since then (figured I might as well use up the box). The results of the third test are what are in the banner at the top of the blog.

JR said he didn't need to be there for me to pee on a stick and if I wanted to I could make him dinner with baby carrots and all sorts of other baby named food like Aunt Becky did on Full House.

I decided to not wait until dinner. I made him "breakfast in bed". It was a cereal bowl full of baby cut carrots.

They were questionable though, so I told him not to eat them.

I went to the doctor on Wednesday the sixth. So far everything looks normal. They set my due date at September 2nd.

I found it weird that no one ever actually said "yup, you're pregnant." at the doctor's office. I guess the home tests must be pretty accurate. But so far the only proof I have is two pink lines and some major queasiness. I guess I'd just like them to tell me I'm not crazy or something.

It's probably the hormones.

Speaking of hormones. They're driving me crazy. I feel queasy almost all the time, except for right after I eat. So far I haven't come even close to puking, but it still sucks. I kind of expected it to be like this though. It used to be if I missed a pill I would know the next morning 'cause I'd be up puking at 6 am. Hormones seem to have a big effect on me. The expecting book also says if you get motion sick you'll probably feel it more. So I win!

We're having a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment