Thursday, January 21, 2010

8 Weeks! When do I start counting in months?

So I'm 8 weeks pregnant now. Spud is 1/2 inch long (the world's tiniest potato!). The website that sends me updates says baby is the size of the stone in Eva Longoria's engagement ring. Since I've never seen that in person I measured my own. Baby is now the size of the three stones in my engagement ring.
I believe Spud has also been upgraded from embryo to fetus. It's like Kindergarten graduation.

Had a pretty good example of pregnancy brain last night. I was struggling to open the toaster strudle and was swearing at it pretty vigorously. Then JR picked it up and read the side. He said "Oh, it's pregnant proof. That's why you can't open it." I'm all "huh" focusing mainly on the process of getting the toaster strudle into my mouth. He said "Like child proof."
So then I picked up the box and looked on the side to see what it said.
Awesome.

I'm pretty sure that's grounds for divorce right there.

Not to mention all the other horrible things he's said to me lately. I can't remember what they are but they're awful.

The queasiness seems to be letting up a little bit. I had one whole day where I felt not awful (just exhausted).
Since then it seems to come in waves (rather than all the time). A bit in the early morning, then again around dinner time, and again around bedtime. I think being hungry and/or tired makes it worse. So I have graham crackers by the bed and at my desk and then I try to eat something before I go to sleep.

We let a couple people know that we're trying, so now I'm fielding questions about how that's going. It's pretty funny presenting myself as hopefully optimistic when I'm already 2 months pregnant. Tee-hee-hee! This is going to be the best April Fools EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment