Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kaida and Colin: Short Stuff

Yesterday Kaida introduced herself to a little girl while we were waiting to go into zoo class.  She said "I want to play with that girl"  so I told her to introduce herself and how to do it.  She said "Hi, my name is Taida!"  And the girl said "Hi, I'm Madison".  I should have told Kaida to say "Nice to meet you Madison"  so she learns a trick for remembering names early on.  But I'm pretty sure she could try Madison or Sophia, if she doesn't know another little girl's name, and be right half the time.

So before JR left Colin was calling JR Daaaah-deee (or Mama).  But now as soon as he sees JR on Skype he starts saying Byee!  I'm afraid he's starting to think that's JR's name.

At Target -
Kaida (to little girl): Hi, What's your name?
Little Girl: Eva
Kaida: I saw Wall-E.
Little Girl: ?

Colin loves his wearable blanket.  Before bed I hold it out and he runs over to stick his arms through the holes.  It's adorable.  I'm a little worried that he's going to have a hard time weaning off it when it gets hot.  There have been a couple nights where its been warmer so I didn't put it on him.  I don't know if it's coincidence or not but he seemed to wake up a lot those nights.  I guess we'll just struggle through if it is a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment