Saturday, April 6, 2013

Kaida and Colin: Short Stuff

Kaida has a little obsession with having her hands washed after she eats.  Understandably since she's usually pretty messy.  But I also think it's because when she was a baby she would cry to get down from the high chair but we would tell her she had to wait until we cleaned her first.  Now she sees it as her ticket out of the booster.  Once I'm clean I can get out of here.
Anyway.  Today she asked several times for us to clean her hands.  Eventually I told her she should use her napkin.  She tried it but wasn't very successful.  Cue the whining.
So then I helped her use her napkin to wipe her hands
Kaida: "You're the only one who loves me.  And Daddy."

Colin has started saying Please.  I'm pretty sure that's what the peep sound evolved into.  And he also says potty.  We talk about, and go to, the potty about 8,000 times a day so I totally understand where he picked that one up from.
He's hilarious when he calls JR.  He often calls him Mama but when he calls him Daddy he says Dah-Deeeee.

Colin just switched to his size 4 shoes.  He has one pair with shoe laces (holy annoying) and the soles are very firm.  All his shoes up to this point have been very flexible (including his other pair of size fours).  It's pretty funny because he has a super hard time walking in them and just sort of stomps around.

In a related story:
Tonight Colin stomped into the kitchen, went to the fridge, yelled a little, ate the cheese I gave him, and stomped back out.  Apparently I am now living with a teenaged boy.
I never would have put the shoes on him if I knew they would make him act this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment