Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Storytime

We've been going to storytime at the library since it started up again. It's fun. close, quick, and free.

I'm not sure how much I should let her wander around though. I don't mind when other kids come up to us as long as they aren't going to hit or anything like that. But it seems like the other kids don't wander much at all. I'm not sure if they don't want to or if they're being kept close by their parent.

I make her sit for the actual story but for the nursery rhymes and songs I've been letting her crawl around until she starts getting up in people's faces (or grabbing other kids shoes or whatever). But I don't let her go all the way across the room.

I guess I want to be close enough to grab her if she's going to start gouging some poor baby's eyes out.

I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind if the little kids wander during songs and rhymes and stuff. It's when they can't focus for the story and want to play with toys that it becomes a distraction. Usually, if i can get most of them to pay attention to 1 story and a few to pay attention to 2, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very rowdy this time, there were a ton of people and we had a substitute librarian. You would have had to lay some Librarian smack down.

    ReplyDelete