Monday, June 3, 2013

Buffalo Zoo


Today we went to the Buffalo zoo with Grammy, Uncle Tim, Aunt Manda, and Owen.  It was fun, well, until Owen got sick and they had to leave.  It was kind of downhill from there since it was well into nap time anyway.
But before all that excitement we saw some bats.  I held Kaida up to look in the window.  She said she couldn't see them so I pointed out a few that were sitting on the ground.  Then one suddenly flew across the enclosure and she sort of spazzed out.  Then she told me "I really don't think I like them."

In the Rainforest area there are net rope barriers so it feels more open.  Right inside there's an Ocelot behind glass that surprised Kaida when it walked right past her and then a bird flew up onto a railing right next to Aunt Manda.  After that Kaida was pretty timid about all the animals in there.  Like, "Yeah, I see the monkeys but a more important question is, can the monkeys see me?"

The whole zoo is more park like than the Pittsburgh Zoo, with lots of open areas and pathways.  It's a little confusing when you're used to one path that goes in a big circle but it's still fun.  I don't really remember what it was like the last time I went but it seemed nicer and more updated.

There were a couple areas to play but we didn't get to spend any time there.  We get 50% off with our Pittsburgh Zoo membership so I definitely think it's worth another visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment