Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Itty Bitty Updates

The other day when we were in the car Kaida told me that she was a doctor.  I congratulated her and commented on all the hard work she must have put in to become a doctor.  She told me she made herself better.  When I looked over my shoulder she had a bandaid on her face. 
Then I mentioned how being able to self-diagnose must save a lot of money on Dr. bills.  Which is good 'cause she can pay back her school loans. 
She said "Yes, and my Doctor Loans!" 
There will be lots of those, Dr. Kaida Hagy

2/6/13
On the way to story time this morning Kaida said "I like the liberry Mommy, is my favorite berry."

Yesterday I was watching a video on the computer when Kaida asked for something.  I told her she could have whatever she wanted as soon as I was done.  When the video ended she said "Are you done Mommy?"  I said "Yes, what is it you wanted?" "Milk."
I try to limit her milk because if she drinks too much she won't eat so I was really doubtful that I had agreed to get her milk.  But I couldn't remember what she asked for originally.  So, she got some milk!

At the library Colin was making himself comfortable on a bunch of coats people had piled on the floor.  Then the next time I looked he was standing behind a woman in a chair trying to snuggle the back of her sweater.  He doesn't know those personal space rules yet.

2/11/13
Kaida: Can I dress up like a pirate?
Me: You sure can.
Kaida: Arrh, I'm stealing everything. Even babies!
(it's less horrifying when you realize she's talking about her blankie)


We got Kaida's preschool confirmation letter today.  When I told her she started applauding herself and saying "Yay! I got into preschool!"

She also asked to watch Bil-bo Bade-ins (Bilbo Baggins).  It took me a couple times to figure out what she was saying because I had no idea that she knew his name.

2/12/13
Today she started saying "eventually".  She's not always using it right but it's pretty adorable.  She knows that it's a unit of time but thinks it's a lot shorter than most people intend it to be. 
We were arguing over whether she should go potty before her nap and what diaper she would wear.  She wanted to wear the orange cloth one so I told her she needed to go potty first.  She (eventually) agreed with me and said "I will put on this diaper eventually."  And I was all "Yeah, in 45 seconds, after you go potty."

She is constantly asking us what things are named. 
What's the car's name mommy?  What's that boy's name mommy?  What are the cloud's names mommy? 
We've been trying to get her to name things for a long time, like the toy cars or the dollies (she named Dahlia but that was before she could talk and I think she was trying to say dolly) but she won't do it.
Well, she named her robot at Colin's first first birthday party.  She said "He is a robot and I will call him Pokey!"
When I made the robot center pieces she said "I will call them Pokey!"
and at the second birthday party she made and named another robot.  "I will call him Pokey!"
I think it's hilarious that she always says the "I will call him.." part.  It's never, "His name is" or "I will name him"
Now if we could get her to come up with another name to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment