Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kaida's Clown Clothes

This morning JR picked a pants and long sleeve t-shirt outfit for Kaida to wear since it's cooler out.  I haven't made the switch to the 2T clothes yet so it was 18 months.  She hasn't worn 18 month winter clothes in months though.  The outfit looked a little ridiculous.  It was a circo shirt, and they run smaller, but it was nearly 3/4 length in the sleeves they were so short.  The pants were a little short also but not too terrible.
When I got her dressed for church I picked out a 2T outfit.  It was also ridiculous but on the complete other end of the spectrum.  I'm pretty sure the pants are supposed to be leggings but they were super baggy.  They didn't really fall down though so I left her in it.  The sleeves of the shirt were pretty long too. 
Now I feel like I have to try all her 18 month and 2T clothes on her to see which ones fit the best while she's in this in-between size.
I guess if she's going to be wearing this size for a year it's good that's there's room to grow. But maybe they should have a size 2 and a size 2.5.  I know my child is ridiculously skinny but she can't be the only one who has this problem.

2 comments:

  1. Claire wore 24 mos clothes for awhile before 2T... They're a bit smaller I believe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the 24 month seem to be a little narrower. Except for the pants. I think they leave room for a diaper in the 24 month and then cut them slimmer for the 2T?
      I tried some other 2T stuff on her today and it worked a little better. I think the outfit she wore yesterday is just a bigger 2T. Luck of the draw I guess.

      Delete